The last 11 days have flown by, I love my new highlights although hubby is not fond of the haircut, too short for his taste but he is handling it okay.
The big news of the week is that Sweet Girl, who is now 7 1/2 months is now saying MAMA....YEA!!!
So here is a little run down of our last 11 days...
I went to the KSBJ Girl's Night Out last week with friends and it was awesome, after we got past the hour or more drive out to Champions Forest we had a great evening filled with praise, worship and 3 speakers. 1 of which was Kate from "Jon and Kate Plus 8". Not sure how many of you watch this show but I love it, while Kate is a little more to the extreme than I, we are very similar in a lot of ways, number 1 being we are both "Type A" personailites. There was also another speaker there who talked about her 2 adopted boys. She already had 3 daughters that were naturally hers before the boys came along. It was very touching and this subject was really speaking to my heart.
The same week brought another type of GNO with other friends and we found ourselves at a wine bar catching up since we had not seen one another in about 2 months, Mel, Laurie, Marcy, Robyn, and Kim, we missed you guys!!
We also celebrated my neice Lia's 3rd birthday and had a blast at the Little Gym. I then spent the remainder of the week registering Bubba for pre-k 4 next year and still trying to decide what to do about Bubby's school, send him to public or keep him at the private school another year? What to do, what to do?
I was able to sneak away to downtown this week and have lunch with my friend Nancy, Sweet Girl was with me but the boys were both in school so it was nice to be a grown up for a little while. Nancy and I don't get to see each other much so when we do we talk non-stop!
The boys' also started their Little Gym classes this week - every Friday they are taking a Sports Skills class and loving it!
Hubby and I went to the Holy Homes Conference in The Woodlands with Clay and Renee Crosse today while Poppy and Grammy watch all 3 kids. Poppy even took Bubby to a birthday party for a friend in his class.
It was great, not only did we start to examine our marriage and family life but our sprititual life as well. We also took in a little lunch just the 2 of us, which I don't think has happened since we had Sweet Girl.
One of the big lessons of the day was this "A couple who prays together...stays together". Hubby and I are going to try and do this on a daily basis. Also, the other big lesson was "Ground yourself in God's word", read the bible every day, something I am going to try and be more focused on doing.
Renee touched on Joy, something I have been lacking in lately, I am so consumed with getting here and getting there, clean this, wash that, I look back at my day and wonder if my kids were happy did we enjoy the day or was I yelling too much? Luckily, I know that I have another chance tomorrow to start a new day and make it a joyful one. My children will only be this age once and I don't want to miss out!
Also, Clay and Renee have 2 girls and have adopted 2 other children. While this seems to be a recurring theme with speakers I listen to lately, I have to stop and ask myself is God telling me something?
Hubby will tell you no and maybe he is right, am I just sad that I had my tubes tied and there will be no more babies after Sweet Girl or is God really talking to me? Is he putting adoption on my heart? I have asked hubby to keep an open mind and when Sweet Girl is around 3 or so I would like to revisit the subject and see if God has put anything before us.
Well, off to put Sweet Girl to bed, we have a very busy day tomorrow, church, birthday party with one of Bubba's friends and a super bowl party with Aunt Emmy and her clan. Have a good week!
